Yankeecore is the romanticization of New England. New England is a region comprising six states in the northeastern United States: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. It centers on coastal-northeastern life. Some themes associated are maritime related landscapes and activities, New England famous foods, and a unique charm that brings about a cozy feeling.
New Englanders typically prefer a classic, timeless and preppy look. Conservative styles and colors are the go-to.
Some staples of New England fashion include:
- Dark and light denim
- White jeans
- Trench coats
- Button-down shirts
Earth tones and muted colors are the typical choice for this aesthetic.
Accessories are kept simple and don't distract from the rest of the outfit. Sunglasses, a belt, and simple jewelry are all you need.
Layering is another New England trend that is used, especially during chillier months.
|Sperry||North Face||Barbour||Brooks Brothers|
|Ralph Lauren||L.L. Bean||Lauren James||Smathers & Branson|
|J. Crew||Tommy Hilfiger||Kate Spade||Tory Burch|
Media & Art
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
- The Poetry of Robert Frost
- Salem's Lot by Stephen King
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- On Golden Pond
- Mystic Pizza
- Clue (1985)
- One Crazy Summer
- Funny Farm
- What About Bob?
- Mermaids (1990)
- The Spitfire Grill
- Good Will Hunting
- Kill Your Darlings
- Knives Out
Publications (with Websites)
Art and Artists
- Norman Rockwell
- Edward Hopper
- The Wyeth Family: N.C., Henriette, Carolyn, Andrew, Jamie, and spouses
- James Welling