Woodland Goth or Dark Fairy-core, is an internet aesthetic which mixes dark, romantic elements of Gothic culture with light subjects like flowers or soft woodland animals. The aesthetic is based off woodland survival and agriculture with a gothic twist.
The Woodland Goth aesthetic can include;
- Abandoned buildings or cottages
- Old farms
- Old nick-knacks, such as porcelain dolls
- Picking flowers
- Catching bugs
Many Woodland Gothic outfits are quite intricate and fancy, and are impractical for the agricultural work it is associated with.
Woodland Gothic clothes commonly involve;
- Big, gothic lolita-esque skirts, usually with petticoats underneath.
- loose fitting big button up shirts.
- Blouses or simple long sleeves.
- Colors such as Black, Grays, Dark reds, Purples, Navy Blues, Moss Greens and Ivories
- Hand knitted accessories, such as wool hats or scarves.
- Ripped shortalls, or overalls.
- Floral jewelry, or jeweler that revolves around nature.
- Floral prints
- Stockings or leggings
- Flats or work boots
- faerie-inspired makeup looks