Villaincore is an aesthetic which encompasses being yourself and doing everything in your power to get what you want, by any means necessary. This, for example, might be becoming rich or famous, or getting revenge on someone who's wronged you. Villaincore is sometimes embraced by people who were wrongfully (in their opinion) seen as the "bad guy", and are now reclaiming that. Villaincore is sometimes associated to trauma, as victims can use the idea of becoming someone so powerful they would be feared (and often getting revenge) through their bad experiences as a coping mechanism.
Villaincore visuals usually revolve around darkness and the passion you carry for reaching your goal.
- Skulls & Bones
- Test Tubes and Scientific/Medical Equipment
- Animals associated with darkness such as crows, ravens, snakes, cats, wolves etc.
- Animals associated with royalty and battle such as lions and horses.
- Hearts & Broken Hearts
- Weaponry (Normally not modern, such as daggers, swords and revolvers).
- Varying Neon Colours (Often associated with the futuristic or mad scientist sub-categories of the aesthetic.
- villaincore aesthetic by :)
- Villaincore by Autumn's Ghost
- ” What a plot twist you were . ” by solum
Villaincore fashion can involve any clothing suitable for, you are your own ruler and you deserve to look like your own ruler.
Villaincore outfits can be varied, as some people like to go for a "cartoon villain" style (e.g. an evil scientist), and others more as realistic villain, for example a more royal style. Villaincore outfits don't need to relate to royalty, even if they are often associated to it; it is about wearing whatever makes you feel like the one in control.
Some suggestions though, could be:
- Heeled boots or buckled boots
- Labcoats or trenchcoats (long coats in general)
- Ripped clothing
- Black nail polish
- Long dresses
- Crowns as accessories
Note: Of course, instead of buying clothing specially made for a villain, you can, and are encouraged in creating and customizing clothing for yourself.
Online clothing stores
Note: If you know any online stores which sell clothing specifically clothing for villaincore or anything like it, please help by adding them here. Thank you!
- Etsy is a good online store for most anything.
- Ravenreign is an online store that is focused around punk and gothic like styles. It sells clothing, shoes and even jewelry, and they ship for free worldwide.
- Pov: Your god complex is acting up again > a villaincore playlist
- I'm the villain of my own story > a villaincore playlist
- A playlist to feel like a villain that is also the main character
- "I was once a hero too" (queer coded villain playlist)
- Villaincore 🖤
- Villaincore anthems.
- Villain playlist 😈
- Villain Arc
- Who knew being evil could be so much fun?
- The Villaincore Collection⛓
Note: Some books listed may have darker themes due to the nature of the stories and characters.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Mayhem and Madness: Chronicles of a Teenaged Supervillain by J.A.Dauber
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite