Villagecore is a lesser known aesthetics that romanticizes rural fashion and living. Villagecore can encompass rural/village life of any area, which can make it more inclusive than other rural aesthetics. This aesthetic can include bold colors along with pastels and muted colors, various nature related or culturally traditional prints, and handmade and artisan made accessories. This style can also feel vintage.
While this style can have overlap with cottagecore in English and French village fashion. Villagecore emphasizes natural fibres such as cotton, hemp, silk, wool, and linen.
- Puffy sleeves
- Flowy skirts
- Head scarves
- Floral prints
- Nature prints
- Bold and muted naturally occurring colors
- Artisan made accessories such as wood or brass jewelry
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin (2001)
- Mamma Mia! (2008)
- Mamma Mia Here We Go Again (2018)
- LIke Water for Chocolate (1992)
- Walking on Sunshine (2015)