|This page needs work. Please help us by expanding it. If you aren't sure how to help, click here. |
Urban Fantasy is an aesthetic that is a subgenre of Fantasy, which is "a genre of fiction set in a fictional universe." It is also a subgenre of Urbancore, which is "an aesthetic based on the imagery of urban cities and street life."
Cities have existed for thousands of years, so you could conceivably choose the Urban Fantasy aesthetic that's set in Babylon or Ancient Athens.
- Magic; can be hidden or apparent
- Crowds of people
- Man-made structures and devices
- Artificial, human-made light during the night
- Crowded walkways
- Busy streets
- A cozy cafe that is hidden from the noise of the streets
- Tall buildings
- Concrete structures
- Metal scaffolding
- Broken glass
The fashion of Urban fantasy is much like the fashion of Urbancore : Streetwear.
- T-shirts with graphic designs
However, the fashion also depends on the time period chosen.
- Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo (Dark Urban Fantasy)
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
- Black Market Magic by Alice Nuttail and Emily Brady