Tropical is an aesthetic that is all about comfort, ease and utility and is eclectic by definition. The style is characterized by warm and soothing, colors drawn mostly from natural elements such as the sea, sky, and vegetation (plants, fruits, flowers, etc). Hues may be deep and rich or may fall on the lighter, brighter side.
Tropical fashion can go in any multitude of directions, but it's generally agreed upon that Tropical clothing is usually very lightweight and breezy.
For younger people, there might be a nod towards the Surfer look, such as oversized t-shirts, beach waves, beach bag, and a care-free attitude. These characteristics also tie into stereotypical surfer vibes, which are a large sum of the origin of this aesthetic. A lot of women may opt for swimsuits or bikinis or even wetsuits if they themselves are also surfers.
For the more well-to-do, there is Resort wear (also known as cruise wear) is a fashion style that was initially only for customers of affluence who would travel abroad around Christmas and New Year's to warmer climates, but has since become a more common fashion aesthetic with the increase of both volume and accessibility in air travel. Resort wear is signified by its lightweight material, ease of cleaning, and don't need to be ironed at all. The look of resort wear can include a nautical theme, Hawaiian prints, Mediterranean colors, and overall bright floral patterns combined with oversized hats, sunglasses, swimsuits, and open-toed shoes. Despite the ease of access to Resort wear for regular people, it can still be seen as a signifier of relaxation, affluence, appreciation of nature, and a sharp sense of style. Even though there are stores that specialize in Resort wear (like Banana Republic, J.Crew, and Tommy Bahama), individual fashion houses will still create Resort wear lines in their individual collections (like Chanel, Prada, Marc Jacobs, and Michael Kors).
Tropical music involves a deep, soothing bass, low BPM and rain forest sounds such as rain, singing birds or rivers.
- Marc Anthony
- Gloria Estefan
- Daddy Yankee
- Jennifer Lopez
- Wisin y Yandel
- DJ Snake
- The Beach Boys
- Tropical Morning Spotify playlist by louise.s.mcgeown
- Tropical House Official Spotify playlist
- Tropical Vibes Spotify playlist by TrendingList
- Tropical Beats Official Spotify playlist
- Tropical House Remixes 🍍 Tropical Remixes & Tropical Covers Spotify playlist by Soave
- Tropical Chill / Tropical House / Deep House / Chill House (Kygo, Matoma, Klingande, Thomas Jack, Felix Jaehn, etc.) Spotify playlist by Marvin Edelkamp
- Tropical Nights Official Spotify playlist
- Tropical K-Pop Official Spotify playlist (for you K-Pop stans out there).