Sanriocore is an aesthetic centered around Sanrio Co., Ltd.(株式会社サンリオ) a Japanese company created by Shintaro Tsuji that sells cute (or Kawaii) Japanese merchandise. Sanrio's most popular icon, Hello Kitty, has become one of the world's best-selling brands. Sanriocore focuses on the more popular Sanrio characters such as:
- Hello Kitty
- My Melody
- Wish me mell
- Kuromi, etc.
- Cinnamoroll squad
Sanriocore crosses over into multiple aesthetics such as Traumacore (the aesthetic can be used as a form of vent art in this case) but is closely related to Kidcore and Softie. It focuses on a gentle, childlike innocence and nature, accompanied by the cute Sanrio merch and characters.
However, there are multiple sides. The most common is goth Sanrio, mostly centered around the characters Kuromi, hello kitty, and my melody. It's a little less soft, and a bit more grungy. Pink and soft colors are still used, however, they are often paired with:
- Black clothing, mostly oversized hoodies
- Small skirts that the hoodies tend to cover
- Platform demonias
- Spiked collars
- Maid outfits/dresses
- Black cat ears
- Black nail polish
Fashion & Makeup
- Babydoll dresses
- Lolita dresses
- Hoodies/shirts with sanrio motifs
- Pastel skirts
- Band-aids with sanrio motifs
- Sanrio merch (eg. backpacks, toys and keyrings)
- Mary janes, chunky boots, heels, chunky sneakers or oxfords
- Knee, below the knee, or thigh-high socks
- Baby-ish pastel blouses
Neutral looks with heavy blush can be seen, as well as pink, glittery eyeshadow with fake lashes. Pink lips or lip gloss with/without glitter seem popular as well. Nails tend to have heavy Sanrio deco.
External links to help get a better understanding of this aesthetic.
- sanrio vibes 💌🍓 Spotify playlist by nebulae_s
- Kuromi Spotify playlist by Opal
- love letters.mp3 Spotify playlist by aina
- cinnamoroll 🤍🍦🐾 Spotify playlist by lyrie
- Sanrio aesthetic 😚 Spotify playlist by xxbr0kenxx
- lovely.mp3 Spotify playlist by keith ☆