Pretty Preppy, also called Girly Preppy, is a derivative of the Preppy subculture that adds a layer of femininity and youth to it. It is often associated with the stereotype of "mean girls" and rich, popular cliques because of its origin and use on film and media.
Since it's based on a already existing style, they both share almost the same origins. Preppy came from the way Ivy school upper class kids would dress and carries a lot of the same motifs. However, Pretty Preppy branches out in the 80's with a girly vibe added to the, before serious, way of dressing. This combination was perfect for some iconic characters who surfaced at the time and, because of them, the style was immortalized and considered iconic even nowadays.
When it comes to this aesthetic the clothes are meant to symbolize wealth, femininity and power. The purpose here is to make everyone think "Wow, that girl could ruin lives while wearing heels higher than my pay grade!". It typically consists of plaid skirts, matching blazers, white shirts under sweaters or dresses with the collar sticking out and knee socks. Mary Jane and Oxford shoes are also seen a lot, and while hairstyles are varied, accessories are everywhere and headbands are a must. Even though sometimes people think that in order to follow the aesthetic you need to be rich or have lots of money, it is possible to be inspired by it on a budget and replicate (or create your own) looks without spending a lot.
The visuals for Pretty Preppy are heavily influenced by fashion and clothing is the primary motif of this aesthetic. The overall look of this aesthetic is similar to High School Dream but with a Bubblegum Bitch/Baddie twist.
- 2000 popular girl aesthetic by Laura Ribeiro
- FILM | mean girls - regina george by aesthetic serendipity
- popular girl aesthetic by Marissa
- rich girl aesthetic☁️ by ZAC!
- [series] most popular girls in school by coco_coffee
- Mean Girls (aesthetic) by Carly ♥︎ Kendeigh
- Mean girls aesthetic by Keiram
Beyond the Clothing
Although it is mostly manifested through fashion, pretty preppy also has an associated lifestyle, which is usually centered around friends, getting good grades at school, shopping, and spending money. It doesn't have as much "showing off" as McBling but it's classier than Barbiecore and Bubblegum Bitch.
Warning: Some of the activities listed may have significant consequences if carried out in real life. Don't ruin your relationships/career for an aesthetic.
- Watching teenage drama movies/TV shows/musicals
- Calling friends late in the night
- Gossiping with friends
- Skipping class
- Retail therapy
- Whitney Houston
- Britney Spears
- Ariana Grande
- Lady Gaga
- Doja Cat
- "... Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
- "7 Rings" by Ariana Grande
- "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX
- "Donatella" by Lady Gaga
- "Candy Store" by Heathers Musical
- "Telephone" by Lady Gaga & Beyoncé
- "Primadonna" by MARINA
- "Boss Bitch" by Doja Cat
- "Lunchbox Friends" by Melanie Martinez
- pov : you’re one of the plastics | y2k aesthetic playlist by hedwiiq audios
- A mean girl's playlist by elifdrawin
- pov - you’re a rich mean girl in the 00s by avs
- Heather Chandler Playlist by Moni Kinnie
- 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 ♡︎ by bbyxdoll
- Heather duke playlist by 🦎Pᴜʀᴘʟᴇ_Crewma̶te🦎
- Pretty and preppy by Lucy Muldoon
- pretty preppy plastics by yufoundbailey
- pov: you're the popular mean girl at school by Alexis Sciano
- rich girls in 2000s by Kaitlyn bottorff
- femme by elleni
- pov: you are that bitch in teenage movies by elle
- Clueless (1995)
- Heathers (1988)
- Means Girls (2004)
- Legally Blonde (2001)
- The Sex Lives of College Girls (2021-)