Old Hollywood is an aesthetic surrounding the movies, music, and fashion of the 1930's- 1940's. It's meant to draw you into a time before and forget about the current things happening.
Some key pieces to have in your closet should be-
- Midi length dresses, large collars, puff sleeves, belted waists
- A long evening gown, backless, deep cut, sleeveless
- High waisted sailor pants
- Slouch hats, tilt hats, knit berets
- Fur boas and jackets
- Oxford Shoes
- T-strap and Mary Jane heels
- Pearl earrings
- Small Handbags
- Long gloves
- Rose gold
- Tons of makeup
- Vintage cars
- 50s dinner
You can get pieces like these from vintage/thrift stores, there are also lots of sewing patterns on Etsy.
- Lots of waves!
- Shorter hair is ideal, but you can still have lots of hair-do's with longer hair.
- Classic finger curls are an amazing look.
- You can find lots of inspiration from actors at the time.
Here are some of the classic movies from this time period.
-The Wizard of Oz (1939)
-Gone with the Wind (1939)
-King Kong (1933)
-The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
-Snow White (1937)