|This page needs work. Please help us by expanding it. If you aren't sure how to help, click here. |
Mosscore is an aesthetic that focuses on forest and moss related things and objects. The main focus is dark, mossy forests and sometimes things like fungi and liverworts are prevalent. The main colour scheme is mostly various, usually dark, shades of green, browns and other natural hues, and light/bright colours almost never pop up. Man made objects in this aesthetic include, but are not limited to, shacks, huts and cabins. This aesthetic is closely related to other forest-themed aesthetics like Forestpunk, Cottagecore, and Mushroomcore.
Many aesthetics can be achieved via activities. Some examples of mosscore activities would be:
- Collecting moss samples
- Keeping a journal
- Gathering wild fruit
- Reading old nature books
- Bird watching
- Building birdhouses
- Collecting flora/fauna (mostly bugs)
- Long walks in the woods
- Picnics on moss-covered rocks
- Any activity that is related to observing or creating things with nature quietly
External links to help get a better understanding of this aesthetic.
Mosscore fashion is similar to Dark Academia and Cryptidcore, but with a comfier twist (eg, plaid pants and a skirt with oxfords and a large dark green sweater and rolled down socks.) The look is associated with forests, studying, and chaos.
The Mosscore community on Tumblr has created the following phrases:
- Let the moss consume me
- Chaos? More like Cha-MOSS!
- I am secretly an old forest god
- Do not perceive me, fear me
- Mosscore! 🌱 by Ian
- i like birds by elvira
- Hiraeth vibes by Peeledgums
- forest soul by jeunoisette
- Mosscore - instrumental by Cassian
- Warrior Cats (particularly the prophecies begin)
- Watership Down