|This page needs work. Please help us by expanding it. If you aren't sure how to help, click here. |
Mosscore is an aesthetic that focuses on moss-related things, the most common items present being cabins, cottages, and small shacks. Mosscore is similar to Cottagecore and Forestpunk, but there are a couple of differences. For example, mosscore spends less time on farming life compared to cottagecore.
Many aesthetics can be achieved via activities. Some examples of mosscore activities would be:
- Collecting moss samples
- Keeping a journal
- Gathering wild fruit
- Reading old nature books
- Bird watching
- Building birdhouses
- Collecting flora/fauna (mostly bugs)
- Long walks in the woods
- Picnics on moss-covered rocks
- Any activity that is related to observing or creating things with nature quietly
External links to help get a better understanding of this aesthetic.
Mosscore fashion is similar to Dark Academia and Cryptidcore, but with a comfier twist (eg, plaid pants and a skirt with oxfords and a large dark green sweater and rolled down socks.) The look is associated with forests, studying, and chaos.
The Mosscore community on Tumblr has created the following phrases:
- Let the moss consume me
- Chaos? More like Cha-MOSS!
- I am secretly an old forest god
- Do not perceive me, fear me
- The Moss by Cosmo Sheldrake
- Green by Cavetown
- Willow Tree March by thepaperkitesband
- I Don’t Want To Set The World On Fire by The Ink Spots
- Two Time by Jack Stauber
- Dear Fellow Traveler by Sea Wolf