Mall Pop was a loosely-defined musical style and aesthetic that was popular from roughly 2001 to 2004. The music and fashion of this era (i.e. Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, Goo Goo Dolls) was rather preppy, but had a more sophisticated and serious side to it as well. Rock released during this period has also been referred to as Minivan Rock.
This era was defined by cheesy CGI and film adaptations of TV shows.
- Shrek (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
- Ice Age (2002)
- Spider-Man (2002)
- Scooby-Doo (2002)
- Lilo & Stitch (2002)
- Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002)
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- The Cat in the Hat (2003)
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003)
- Teacher's Pet (2004)
- Garfield (2004)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light (2004)