This page is under construction
Mad Scientist is a fictional trope that revolves around a scientist who uses their knowledge for evil or utilizes villainy to support their research. Because of the different homages, references, and practical writing necessities in media featuring these characters, the trope has a consistent visual aesthetic.
The primary visuals associated with mad scientists are their laboratories, which feature a simultaneously ominous and campy atmosphere. Technologies in the lab are designed to look confusing, imposing, and cartoonish.
Note, because the list of Mad Scientist characters is extensive, please include media where the mad scientist is central to the narrative and has the aesthetic.
- Dexter's Laboratory (1996)
- The Munsters (1964)
- Maniac Mansion (1990)
- Maniac Mansion (1987)
- Oingo Boingo
- They Might Be Giants
- Dr. Steel
- Lemon Demon
- Mad Professor by Insane Clown Posse
- Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton
- The Dismemberment Song by Blue Kid
- She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby
- Losing My Patients by The Stupendium
- Sub-Particle Supercollider by The Glorious Veins
- Your Liver by Mr. Oizo