A juggalo (feminine juggalette, or juggala in Spanish) is a fan of the group Insane Clown Posse or any other Psychopathic Records hip hop group. Juggalos have developed their own idioms, slang, and characteristics. The Gathering of the Juggalos, alternatively known as just "The Gathering", is a notable annual festival held by Juggalos and the artists that they support, which have included rap stars such as Busta Rhymes, Ice Cube, and MC Hammer; over its first eleven events, the festival had an average attendance of about 10,000 fans, with a peak of 20,000 in 2010. See also: Clowncore.
While many will frown upon the behaviors of many Juggalos out there (and in many instances, rightfully so), it is generally accepted that Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J (the creators of the Juggalo aesthetic) are genuinely some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, with Violent J even famously having a fursuit created for him just so he could go to furry conventions with his daughter because it's something she's passionate about.
- Drinking and spraying the inexpensive soft drink Faygo.
- Making and responding to "whoop, whoop" calls.
- Expressing a (generally) tongue-in-cheek obsession with murder, committed with a blade weapon.
- Wearing face paint, generally those either like an evil clown or perhaps similar to corpse paint.
- Wearing HatchetGear.
- Having the Hatchet man logo applied on personal effects and, die cast, worn as jewelry.
- Doing hair in the spider legs style, i.e. like the Twiztid members
- Displaying the gesture of wicked clown, the westside sign with the left hand and the C sign in ASL with the right, with arms crossed over.
Almost exclusively, Juggalos will listen to Horrorcore Hip-Hop, and more often than not, it's any sort of act that's sign to Psychopathic Records, the record label owned by the Insane Clown Posse themselves. Sometimes, they might dip over into the Nu-Metal, Metal, and Hip-Hop spheres of music, but more often than not, it's almost exclusively Horrorcore Hip-Hop