Hyperpop is a genre of music that combines both EDM and traditional pop. The genre puts an extreme emphasis on cuteness, femininity and intoxication. This is achieved by extreme pitching and warping of both the bass and rhythm, as well as upbeat, bubbly synths. The genre stems mainly from club and nightcore, and consists of high levels of surrealism and confusion.
For most Hyperpop art the layout is extremely crowded (an exception would be 100gecs' 1000gecs album). It is a combination of diverse art styles, so I will be sticking with some of the common themes. Most of the images, esepecially cover art from songs produced and sung by individuals who are female have heavy inspiration from other aesthetics such as Baddie, Y2K, and Slimepunk to a lesser extent.
Hyperpop fashion is akin to Y2K Baddie (see Baddie), with wilder element such as vibrant makeup with sparkles, extremely long lashes and glittery, shiny or glossy clothing. Long or well kept hair is seen a key to express your femininity and dyed hair is common, as well as long arcrylic nails. Bright colors are key! Examples below.
- Charli XCX
- Kero Kero Bonito
- Shawn Wasabi
- Machine Girl
- Alice Longyu Gao
- Hannah Diamond
- Danny L Harle
- Dorian Electra
- Serena Smith
...and many more! feel free to explore the links!
- 🔪bubblegum🔪 Spotify playlist by Ella Lautier
- The Sound of Hyperpop Spotify playlist by The Sounds of Spotify
- hyperpop Spotify playlist by Spotify
- HYPERPOP 2020 Spotify playlist by Veronica Steele
- Hyperpop / Bubblegum Bass / PC Music Spotify playlist by vaughnerich
- HYPERPOP Spotify playlist by LIQUORICEBITCH
- HYPERPOP Spotify playlist by ameer
- hyperpop Spotify playlist by mot99zii
- HyperPop Orgies Spotify playlist by Justin Hughes
- hyperpop Spotify playlist by daniel.budac
- hyperpop:the return of pop Spotify playlist by John Delfino