See the Style Guide for the order in which to put the headings. This article is supposed to be a fool-proof guide to navigate the toolbar.
How to Make Headings and Subheadings
- After pressing "Edit" or the pencil symbol, you will see a bar on top.
- Press paragraph. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Headings are what is above. It has a line on the bottom, and is supposed to be the headings mentioned in the style guide (history, visuals, fashion, etc.)
- Subheading 1 is the first and typically only subheading option you will need. This is for breaking down the headings into different components. Subheadings look like this:
How to Insert an Infobox
Infoboxes are required for all articles. To put one in, go to the "Insert" section on top of the editing bar, and choose "Infobox," then, "Aesthetic."
To put in an image, you have to type in the full name of the image that the wiki has in its storage. This includes the .jpg/.png/etc.
To make the text into a link for the related aesthetics section, you have to type [[aesthetic]] Substitute "aesthetic" for the exact name of the page. There are no spaces.
To make the aesthetics one per line, type <br> between every single aesthetic name. <br> codes for a new line. No spaces are necessary.
How to Insert Photos to the Wiki
For the purposes of easy navigation, gallery-making, and de-cluttering the wiki, please save the image you uploaded into your computer as a descriptive name. For example, instead of "2hr8jd9m.jpg," please save it as something descriptive or related to the page, such as "pink ballgown" or "Cottagecore picnic." This is done by right-clicking the file location and finding "Rename" in the displayed menu. Alternatively, when first saving the photo, you'll see that the name is blank or "untitled." Simply click on that and you can change it.
How to Make a Gallery
Before you make a gallery, it is best to know which images you want to use, which is why it is best to rename the photos.
- To make a gallery, go to the "Insert" section on the top bar.
- The seventh option down is "Gallery," which you would want to click on.
- A pop-up will open that requires you to search for images to fill the box.
- After searching for the name of the image, you will find multiple options.
- Simply click on it to add the photo to the gallery.
- If you would like, click on the pencil on an individual image to create a caption for it that stays in the gallery.
- Click on the check mark to finish or the x to cancel and scrap the gallery entirely.