Green is an aesthetic that relates to the color green. It, like many of the colors of the visual spectrum, can tie into multiple aesthetics.
Green is the color between blue and yellow on the visible spectrum. The largest contributor to green in nature is chlorophyll, the chemical by which plants photosynthesize and convert sunlight into chemical energy. Many creatures have adapted to their green environments by taking on a green hue themselves as camouflage. Several minerals have a green color, including the emerald, which is colored green by its chromium content.
Green hold a list of associations, such as:
- Safety and permission
- Nature, vivacity and life
- The east, with sunrise, and with life and growth
- Springtime, freshness, and hope
- Youth and inexperience
- The calm, the agreeable, and tolerance
- Jealousy and envy
- Homosexuality (when paired with yellow)