Ethereal is an aesthetic based around the feeling of being extremely delicate and light in a way that seems to be not of this world.
It is typically used in reference to Disney or Barbie princess movies and other fantasy films that are completely without irony in their dreamy romanticism. The imagery used is very wholesome, light, and soft, embracing the happiest parts of fairy tales.
It is a generalization of film imagery that includes depictions of royalty (often princes and princesses), classical dancers, sweeping ballrooms, colorful gardens, pixie dust, fairies, angels, and the beauty of true love.
This aesthetic can be described as very heavenly and light. Certain things it includes are angels, angel wings, lace, floral patterns, chandeliers, cathedrals, cathedral ceilings, etc.
- Hidden ponds
- Lily ponds
- Flower fields
- Natural paths
- Overgrown gardens
- Flower gardens
- Small farms
- Glinting water
- Soft, pleasant light
- Minerals (especially quartz)
- Overgrown buildings
Ethereal fashion usually includes, white lace, diamond jewelry, clear accessories, angel patterns, pale colors, white fur, drop earrings, pleated skirts, white mesh, etc.
Ethereal music can be any kind of music, as long as you cherish it and feel like it adds to your delicate and light state of mind. Ethereal remixes of nostalgic songs like "When You Wish Upon a Star" are highly recommended, but as long as you make it a part of you and it helps you to feel "out of this world" it can be accepted in this aesthetic.
- Lush + Ethereal by Spotify
- ethereal woods by salsabiladhiaa
- ethereal classical by Sophie Mortimer
- Ethereal Lofi by retrogarden
- Cinderella (1950)
- Cinderella (2015)
- Sleeping Beauty (1959)
- Maleficent (2014)
- Beauty and the Beast (1992)
- Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1938)
- Pride & Prejudice (2005)
- The Secret Garden (1993)
- FairyTale: A True Story (1997)
- The Tales of Beatrix Potter (1971)
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)
- 1776 (1972)
- Barbie in The Nutcracker (2001)
- Barbie in Swan Lake (2003)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgeson Burnett (particularly the one illustrated by Tasha Tudor)
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgeson Burnett
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery