Dark Naturalism is an aesthetic that mixes in the natural world, with its more darker elements to create an atmosphere of a naturalist mystery.
Dark Naturalism's visuals revolve around nature with a sense of obscure mystery. It interlocks with Dark Academia. Something like ghost and cryptid hunters, and mysterious forces in the woods. Handwritten threats with pressed or dried flowers, stained with a kiss of lipstick and sprayed with perfume or cologne; tied with a strip of ribbon, a blade of grass, or sealed with wax. Studying religious history and admiring its architecture, music and stories.
- Adrian von Ziegler
- Bon Iver
- Emma Ruth Rundle
- George Ezra
- Florence + the Machine
- Lana Del Rey
- Lord Huron
- Mumford & Sons
- Of Monsters and Men
- Peter Gundry
- Rag n' Bone Man
- Regina Spektor
- Eivør Pálsdóttir
- lost in the depth of a forest
- forest academia
- floating in a dense forest in oregon
- drowning in the pines
- driving to cannon beach
- mainly coldplay - but gloomy
- 🔮 Mystic 🔮 by Gaby Sena
- Casually sharpening pencils with a pocket knife
- Reading nature poetry to the trees on campus as you lay under their shade.
- Leaving offerings for the fae and making risky deals with them to ensure your academic success.
- Studying by the open window of your house, feeling the breeze.
- Reading murder mysteries in a field of green grass.
- Leaving little bouquets as gifts to classmates and professors you hate.
- Doing a crazy amount of research on supernatural forces.
- Going out on little field trips to try and get a glimpse of the unknown.
- Respectfully loitering around churches.
- Waiting to catch a glimpse of the doberman.
- Learning and admiring culture.
- Majoring in horticulture.
- Finding and collecting bugs.
- Scooping up the spiders and crickets that get inside your school and taking the time to release them outside.
- Enjoying ghost anthropology and witchcraft.
- Disapearing into the woods for hours at a time
- Light, plaid skirts
- Maroons, sage, greens and whites
- Button downs
- Dresses of all kinds
- Trousers either ankle length or rolled
- Lightweight jackets
- Linen shirts
- Flowers with hidden meanings in your hair and clothes