Dark Fairycore is an aesthetic which combines dark, Fairy elements of Gothic culture with light subjects like flowers or soft woodland animals. The aesthetic is based off Fairies and agriculture with a gothic twist.
The Dark Fairycore aesthetic can include;
- Abandoned buildings or cottages
- Old farms
- Picking flowers
- Candles and old lamps
- Misty forests
Activities inspired by the Dark Fairycore aesthetic;
- Walks through the forest
- Writing in a journal
- Drawing plants or animals
- Extracting natural poisons
- Catching bugs and fairies
- Collecting mushrooms, herbs, etc.
- Admiring roses
- Dancing with the trees in the moonlight
- Singing in the middle of the woods where no one can hear you
- Pressing flowers
- Exploring abandoned places that have been taken over by nature
- Making jewelry from animal bones
- Watching woodland animals at dusk
Many Dark Fairycore outfits are quite intricate and fancy, and are impractical for the agricultural work it is associated with.
Dark Fairycore clothes commonly involve;
- loose fitting big button up shirts.
- Blouses or simple long sleeves.
- Colors such as Black, Grays, Dark reds, Purples, Navy Blues, Moss Greens and Ivories.
- Hand knitted accessories, such as wool hats or scarves.
- Ripped shortalls, or overalls.
- Floral jewelry, or jewelry that revolves around nature.
- Floral prints.
- Stockings or leggings.
- Flats or work boots.
- Faerie-inspired makeup looks.