Corporate is an aesthetic that relates to business attire that refers to the clothing that employees wear to work. Depending on the workplace, various levels of the formality of business attire are expected, and the norm. The dress codes range from traditional and formal to smart casual, business casual, and casual.
A lot of modern Corporate visuals will draw loosely from the Cyberprep aesthetic (unless you're the CEO, where Boujee is almost undoubtedly the aesthetic of choice for you) in the sense it's very safe, sterile, and designed solely to motivate you to continue being a useful part of the corporate infrastructure, which can be smiliar to the Studyblr aesthetic, since it's believed by many that an aesthetically-pleasing workspace increases productivity.
Unless it's a Business Casual (see below), most Corporate fashion will feature for men:
- Button-Up Shirt
- Dress Pants
- Dress shoes
For the ladies, however, there can be a little more variety:
- Business suit with either dress slacks or knee-length skirt in a conservative neutral color.
- Linen/cotton for summer months
- Wool or heavier material for winter
- Dress shirts
- Button-down tops
- Natural-looking makeup
- Closed-toe heels in a neutral color such as taupe, black, grey, or brown.
- Formal flats, oxfords, or loafers
- Minimalist jewelry
- A-line, pencil, or flared knee-length skirt
- Dark tights
- Well-groomed hair worn in a conservative cut, such as a bob or soft layers.
- Well-groomed, neutral nails that are either clear coated, or painted with a beige-toned polish.
Members of the Goth subculture that are part of the Corporate machine will incorporate the Corporate Goth aesthetic into their work attire.
A lot of corporate music is easy-listening, kinda jazzy, and instrumental. A lot of Corporate-sounding music has been sampled to make a lot of Vaporwave music which, ironically, can also be part of the Corporate musical sound once more.
- Corporate Instrumental Music Spotify playlist by 1257625809
- Corporate Mornings Spotify playlist by Krzysztof Piwowar
- CORPORATE UPBEAT Spotify playlist by Robert Ruggiero
- Corporate Event Pump Up Playlist Spotify playlist by Judy Gong
- Corporate Finance & Chill Spotify playlist by therealjono
- Office Hell (Spotify playlist) by smallpoxlarry
- The Mezzanine by Nicholson Baker
- 9 to 5 (1980)
- Up In The Air (2009)
- Office Space (1999)
- 20 Things to Do Before You're 30 (2002)
- The Office (2005-2013)
- Monday Monday (2009)
Business Casual is an ambiguously-defined Western dress code that is generally considered casual wear but with smart components of a proper lounge suit from traditional informal wear, adopted for white-collar workplaces.
The fashion of this particular aesthetic involves:
- Khaki pants
- Short-sleeved/long-sleeved collared shirts
- Polo shirts
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Plaid Jackets (usually brown)
- Dress shoes
- Leather handbags/ wallets
- Leather belt
- Simple jewelry
- Wool/Cashmere sweaters under collared shirts
- Leather or suede flats