Cartooncore is an aesthetic centered completely around western animation (specifically in America or Canada), as opposed to Animecore, which has more of a focus on Japanese animation.
Given the long, rich history of animation, there is a lot for Cartooncore enthusiasts to draw inspiration from:
- 1920s-1930s Rubber-Hose animation (Disney, Fleischer, and Warner Bros)
- 40's (Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry)
- 50's-70's (Hanna-Barbera and Fritz the Cat)
- 80's (He-man, She-Ra, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and TMNT)
- 90's (Ren & Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Johnny Bravo)
- 2000's (Teen Titans, Danny Phantom, 6teen, and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- 2010's (CalArts, Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe)
- Children's (Kim Possible, Jimmy Neutron, and PPG)
- Adult (Simpsons, South Park, Clone High, Daria, and Cool World)
- Late 90s-present-Flash/Newgrounds/Youtube animations (Edd's World, Nyan Neko Sugar Girls, Sugoi Quest for Kokoro, and Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss)
Cartooncore can either focus on a specific cartoon, animation, or movie or it can simply draw from the aesthetics of the style and create something completely new and unique to introduce into the world. Due to the fact that there is a lot more variety to western animation compared to the relative uniformity of anime, there is room for multiple sub genres of Cartooncore to pop up. Cartooncore also is closely related to Nostalgiacore because many people grew up watching cartoons over the past couple of decades.
- Cartoon merchandise
- Songs from various cartoons
Disneycore is an aesthetic based around all things Disney. Vintage Disneycore is based around the old classic Disney films and show whether as Princess Disneycore is constructed around Disney princesses classic or modern.
- Disney merch
- Minnie mouse ears/ backpack
- Mad at Disney
- Disney classics
- Disney remixes