Bubble Goth is a type of gothic-inspired fashion that was recently created by the Estonian pop singer, Kerli Koiv. She aims to "make the beautiful, creepy and the creepy, beautiful", something that "takes light and dark and puts them together".
Kerli created this type since she was labeled as Goth when she published her "Love is Dead" album, Walking on Air being a particularly popular song to pin her to the subculture with.
Note: This has no connection to the OG Goth/Batcave subculture.
- Things in black, white or cream
- Teddy bears
- China dolls with gothic inspired clothing
- Face masks (especially gas masks)
- Dramatic goth inspired makeup, heavily focused on the eyes
- White or black as the primary outfit colour
- Lots of accessories
- Space buns
- Three dots representing I. L. U. (Integrity, Love, and Unity, Kerli's motto ), also known as moon marks
- Futuristic aspects
Bubble Goth music comes from a critic describing Kerli as "bubblegum Goth", since her music is pop with hints of techno and rock, and she took to the label by creating Bubble Goth. The music of this type are things like Kerli's work; pop,pop rock,soft rock or techno music with a more morbid,edgy or dark feel
Despite the "Goth" label, the music does not seem to be inspired by, or have any correlation with, actual goth music. However,some bubble goths do listen to gothic rock.
- Melanie Martinez
- Billie Eilish
External links to help get a better understanding of this aesthetic.