Autumn, also known as fall, is one of the four temperate seasons. Its related status as the season of the primary harvest has dominated its themes and popular images. It includes fruits, falling leaves, pumpkins, coats, and harvest holidays. It can also be a reference to autumnfashion styles.
Autumn visuals include:
- trees with red leaves, falling leaves and leaves on the floor.
- cold and murky weather, like cloudy, foggy, or rainy weather.
- dark weather, because of the shorter days.
- warm spiced drinks.
- warm clothing, especially knitted garments.
- Holiday decorations such as Halloween, thanksgiving, Diwali, harvest festivals, etc.
- autumnal fruit and vegetables such as gourds, apples, and cranberries.
- Candles, lanterns and fairy lights.
This aesthetic involves a lot of colours commonly seen around autumn, such as dark greens and oranges. Fashion tends to be warmer clothes to suit the season. knitted sweaters scarves, hats, and gloves are used, as well as tartans and felt. Vintage style clothing is also often incorporated. Optional accessories could include a mug or hot beverage of one's choice, often, tea, coffee, hot chocolate/cocoa or mulled cider and the aesthetic could involve hygge, full pantries, baking pumpkin bread or the less dark aspects of decorating for Halloween, Thanksgiving or autumn festivals and holidays.