Autumn, also known as fall, is one of the four temperate seasons. Its related status as the season of the primary harvest has dominated its themes and popular images. Popular aspects of this aesthetic includes fruits, falling leaves, pumpkins, coats, and harvest holidays. It can also be a reference to autumn fashion styles.
Autumn visuals include:
- Orange, yellow, and brown leaves
- Cold and murky weather, like cloudy, foggy, or rainy weather
- Dark weather, because of the shorter days
- Warm spiced drinks
- Warm clothing, especially knitted garments
- Holiday decorations such as Halloween, thanksgiving, Diwali, harvest festivals, etc.
- Autumnal fruits and vegetables such as gourds (pumpkins), apples, and cranberries
- Candles, lanterns, and fairy lights
- Nature trails
- Glass bottles with messages inside
Fashion in the autumn aesthetic often incorporates warm colors, especially brown, beige, red, orange, and, less commonly, yellow. Clothes tends to be heavier and to suit the colder weather. Sweaters, especially oversized sweaters, turtlenecks, jackets, skirts, jeans, overalls, and large shoes, especially boots, are popular choices. Layering is common. Vintage style clothing is also often incorporated. Flannel is commonly recognized for its use in fall. Accessories include belts (usually in brown or black), purses (often cross-body bags), flowers, mugs, glasses, books, cameras, and necklaces. The aesthetic could involve hygge, full pantries, baking pumpkin bread or the less dark aspects of decorating for Halloween, Thanksgiving and other autumn festivals and holidays.
- Jumping in leaf piles