Anemoiacore is an aesthetic that revolves around the feeling of anemoia, or an extreme longing for a time/ event that never occurred. These feelings are often radiated or channeled by the visualization of certain images, hearing certain music, or smelling a certain scent. The emotions, however, tend to be very saddening, as the experiencer feels an overwhelming want to experience these childhood events. There can be negative or positive feelings of anemoia. The interesting aspect is that these events never occurred; often the visualizer attributes certain images to their past, as they may be similar in nature.
There are multiple explanations debriefing why humans feel such an extreme longing for a fictional time. The rise of media has sparked access to photos that may evoke certain feelings of anemoia. Videos titled "Strangely Familiar Photos", or "Oddly Familiar Images With (x) Music" are often the source of these feelings, as they somehow mimic the vibe or expression the visuals of the 2000's. The psychology explaining how our brain connects these photos to or own experience is simple. As children, we often catch glimpses of the world around us such as observing the passing world in the car, waiting for a parent, etc. Most experiencers participated in their childhood around the 2000's. These images also imitate certain scenarios we may or may not have experienced. (Locker rooms, walking in the grocery store, playing with toys.) The images are very potent in the sense of "leaking" with anemoia.
These experiences of life combined with certain effects or filters can trigger the feeling of anemoia, which serves as a bridge between us and these triggers. Our experiences in our childhood evoke similar feelings of "no responsibility" and "freedom" or "innocent in nature, oblivious to the world" to these photographs or sounds.
How To Experience
To experience anemoia, you must place yourself in a position you deem as "comfortable". We associate comfort and stress-relief to our past experienced events. Next, set mood lighting. A dark blue or red is preferable, but a simple dark/ dim room can work as well.
Finally, watch a video containing images or music you can associate with in an unfamiliar way. Watch videos with names similar to, "Strangely Familiar Images", "Nostalgiacore", "Dreamcore". You must relax.
Forewarning: you may experience an extreme longing for your childhood, or a simpler time of your life.
- Clothes from the late 2000's
- Bright and Sparkly Homemade jewelry
- Fashion Trends Of The 2000's (Silly Bandz, Animal Print, Kid's Plastic Jewelry and Accessories)
- Now You Wont Let Go- Ark Patrol, Veronika Redd
- We Fell In Love In October- Girl In Red
- I'd Rather Sleep- Kero Kero Bonito
- being in love with u- Tomppabeats
- Any song from your childhood you find familiar.
- dreamcore liminal space- Nari Emerson
- cryptic- Hannah
- Year 2000- Hannah
- kidcore aesthetic Honey Bun
- Childhood- catiebugs41
- pictures that feel strangley familiar but uncomfortable with chill beats to study to
- strangely familiar places with unnerving music
- oddcore/weirdcore/dreamcore tiktoks (TRIGGER WARNING)
- || W E I R D C O R E || D R E A M C O R E || L I M I N A L S P A C E S ||
- Images That Trigger Autophobia With Unnerving Music (Liminal Space)
- Petscop- Full Series