Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics, making them into an ambiguous form. Androgyny may be expressed with regard to biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual identity. The different meanings of androgyny point to the complex interrelationship between aspects of sex, gender, and sexuality.
Androgynous-based visual aesthetics center around a complete rejection of the gender binary in favor of letting individuals be able to freely express themselves without fear of being attacked for it.
Androgynous people dress or style themselves to look neither typically male nor female. In the past, androgynous fashion has held a huge stigma, with its ties to the feminist and LGBTQIA communities. The androgynous style usually dresses with pants or shorts. It is also commonly found in people who identify as a non-binary gender.
Some 'androgynous fashion staples' would be things such as
- Loose, black, geometric clothing (these clothes' popularity has grown so much that it's sometimes labelled under the nu-goth aesthetic)
- Kilts. Surprisingly, these were once very popular queer-punk staples
- Capes and hoods, particularity ones that can be worn in multiple different ways
- Science fiction references are also very popular here, using things such as shiny fabrics and futuristic hairstyles and makeup looks
- Men's watches - they're classy and, if you get the right type, they can look cyberpunk
- Oxford shoes are very versatile and go with any outfit, whether it's enby, feminine, or masculine
Here is a link for some androgynous brands, if you are curious on where to find these clothes.