1. Articles must have a minimum of 100 words, may not be a created aesthetic (unless it has a wide following), and should display a reasonable amount of quality. Failure to follow this rule may result in a page deletion.
2. Vandalism will result in a permaban.3. Be respectful to others.
Please read the Style Guide and New Page Standards before creating a new page, and check the FAQ if you are unsure about any process, rule, or procedure. If you are still unsure, contact a member of the staff for verification.
If you want to make a new page on an aesthetic, please check that it doesn't already exist by searching key terms in the search bar or checking the List of Aesthetics.
If you create a page as a placeholder or a work-in-progress, you will have one week to fully make the page or it will be deleted; excessive, newly created blank pages are confusing to newcomers, so ensure you have a draft typed out first or at least a 100+ word description before creating a page.
- If you want a longer amount of time to work on your page or don't want criticism until it's finished, begin your page on your user profile under the About section. This allows you to work on your page undisturbed and at your own pace, and helps us maintain our documentation system. You may present the finished product to a staff member for approval into a full page.
Disallowed page subjects
Do not add pages for individual K-Pop idols, groups, or similar individual media unless you can prove that they have had significant cultural influence
- If a particular piece of media (e.g. a K-Pop video) is a good example of an aesthetic, you can cite the media on the aesthetic's page. This goes for all forms of media.
Do not add an aesthetic centered around pre-existing media. Pre-existing media includes TV shows, movies, books, and video games. Pre-existing media has elements of different aesthetics, so it’s useless to add a completely new aesthetic that is already too similar.
- Examples include Warriorcatscore and Harrypottercore. They already have elements similar to pre-existing aesthetics.
Connections that aesthetics have to the LGBT+ community should absolutely be mentioned; this is a vital part of the context. However, do not base individual aesthetics on entire sexualities. (e.g. do say that Cottagecore has a large lesbian fanbase, but do not create an aesthetic called "Lesbianism")
If you are naming an aesthetic, don't feel pressured to add a suffix; it's largely unnecessary. For example, Hellenic is a better title than Helleniccore, Hellenicwave, or Hellenic Academia.
- Please don't add a space between the core suffix and the actual word. It's confusing, doesn't look right, and is grammatically incorrect.
If you think info on a particular page needs work, feel free to provide your expertise to help make these pages of the highest quality. This means researched, citable, and/or legitimate first hand experience with a community.
- If you need technical assistance, you can reach out on the official Aesthetics Wiki Discord for help (link above).
- If you need pointers on where to contribute, make sure to check out the Needs Work category.
- If you feel the information on a particular page is inaccurate, please get in contact with one of the Admins or Mods and state your case and if you successfully plead your case, we'll give you the go-ahead to start fixing a page.
- Deleting over 1000 bytes of information without consulting the staff is vandalism. It is inconsiderate to the contributors and causes confusion with the new edits.
Do not create new category pages, this confuses new comers searching for certain pages and messes up our documentation system. You may use the categories already present, but do not create ones for specific aesthetics, images, or concepts. If you think a category should be added, talk to a staff member first.
- The first time you're caught doing this, it'll be a two-week-block. Second time, it'll be a two-month-block. Third time, you're banned for good.
List of aesthetics page
If an aesthetic page is added and kept, feel free to update the list of aesthetics to include it. However, do not add a new aesthetic until it is approved by a staff member. If the list included deleted pages (they're highlighted in red), feel free to remove them but do not remake them. Any other change to the list and the page will be considered vandalism.
When adding files onto the site (such as a picture); make sure the file name is not already being used on the site. It creates a problem when you save over a file that's already being used on another page and, while we can revert it, it might confuse people why an image that doesn't seem to fit with the aesthetic appears on the page for it.
If you're caught either trying to evade your block or if you're caught vandalizing by posting bigoted content on the Wiki, you will be permanently banned, no second chances.