We are an online community set up to aim to observe, name, and catalogue this visual schema. Have fun reading!
Thank you to the winner of our redesign contest, Ethan Duke! The new background and wordmark on this wiki are both his work. You can check him out on both Instagram and Twitter at @theduke2442!
New Page Criteria
We're slimming down the List of Aesthetics page to only include pages that fit the criteria here: Creating an Ideal Page. Hopefully, this will lead to a more reputable site and a better browsing experience. Your page will still stay up and in its other categories - if you'd like it to be featured, please make sure it fits the new criteria.
- If you want to make a new page on an aesthetic, please check that it doesn't already exist.
- If you are naming an aesthetic, don't feel pressured to add a suffix; it's largely unnecessary.
- If you create a page as a placeholder, you have one week to fully make the page or it will be deleted; too many new/blank pages are confusing to newcomers, so ensure you have a draft typed out first.
- Please don't add a space between the core suffix and the actual word. It's confusing and doesn't look right.
- You may not add pages for individual K-Pop idols, groups, or similar individual media unless you can prove that they have had significant cultural influence.
- If a particular piece of media (e.g. a K-Pop video) is a good example of an aesthetic, you can cite the media on the aesthetic's page. This goes for all forms of media.
- Please, do not add an aesthetic centered around pre-existing media. Pre-existing media includes TV shows, movies, books, and video games. Pre-existing media has elements of different aesthetics, so it’s useless to add a completely new aesthetic that is already too similar.
- Examples include Warriorcatscore and Harrypottercore. They already have elements similar to pre-existing aesthetics.
- Connections that aesthetics have to the LGBT+ community should absolutely be mentioned; this is a vital part of the context.
- But, please do not base individual aesthetics on entire sexualities. (e.g. do say that Cottagecore has a large lesbian fanbase, but do not create an aesthetic called "Lesbianism")
- If you think info on a particular page needs work, feel free to provide your expertise to help make these pages of the highest quality.
- If you need technical assistance, you can reach out on the official Aesthetics Wiki Discord for help (link above).
- If you need pointers on where to contribute, make sure to check out the Needs Work category.
- If you feel the information on a particular page is inaccurate, please get in contact with one of the Admins or Mods and state your case and if you successfully plead your case, we'll give you the go-ahead to start fixing a page.
Failing to do so will be considered vandalism:
- The first time you're caught doing this, it'll be a one-week-block.
- The second time, it'll be a one-month-block. Third time, you're banned for good.
If you edit a Category page:
- The first time you're caught doing this, it'll be a two-week-block. Second time, it'll be a two-month-block. Third time, you're banned for good.
If you're caught either trying to evade your block or if you're caught vandalizing by posting bigoted content on the Wiki:
- You get permanently banned, no second chances.